Monday, February 25, 2013

Food Tattoos



photo source: chow.com


This is going to be a fairly short post since I already made a fairly lengthy post earlier today, but I wanted to quickly touch on a topic that I've been interested in for a few years now, and I can't decide if it's a completely bizarre hipster trend, or if it's a form of food activism: food tattoos.

You know what I'm talking about. A cartoonish image of a slice of pie tattooed on somebody's thigh. A full sleeve of brightly-colored fruits and vegetables and grains that seem reminiscent of a still-life painting. If you're interested, check up some examples of what I'm talking about (like those pictured on this Flickr account) and tell me what you think. And even better, if you have a food tattoo, tell me what it means to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment